Thursday, December 13, 2007

Grateful

I know that I am blogging while at work, but today is a travel day so I am little distracted. I am always so anxious to get home on these days, it is hard to concentrate on work. That leads me to this post.

We received a poem from the president of my company the other day. It was a poem about a soldier (our president is extremely supportive of our troops). One lady's husband is in Iraq sent the poem on to him. He responded with his Christmas list for Santa. It is very different from mine.

Dear Santa,I want.......
a Shower
a Hot Meal
a Warm place to sleep
No one shooting at me
My buddy to make it home with me
To see my new baby
To make a call home
To have clean clothes
To get some mail
To hug my kids
To hug my wife
To love instead of hate

This is not intended to be any sort of political statement (I hate politics). I was hoping to show how some of the things that we take for granted would mean the world to others. I never enjoy leaving my family on a weekly basis, but I have to remember that I do get to see them and hug them over the weekend. This man doesn't have that opportunity. Learn to appreciate what you have, and don't focus on what you are lacking.

No comments: