Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year's Necessity

I am not making a New Years Resolution. I am making a New Years Necessity. Everyone wants to lose weight at the beginning of the new year, but I need to lose weight. I weighed in on Sunday morning before I flew to Atlanta. I have to say the results weren't great, but it was actually a little better than I thought it would be. I guess staying off the road helps my wasteline. Anyway, I don't really have a plan, so I'm not off to a great start. I did some push-ups and sit-ups this week. I didn't find out until this morning that the hotel I am at has a small workout room. Its not much, but it does have a treadmill. I guess we will see how committed I am beginning next week. I am going to post my progress here every week. I hope the blog will hold me accountable. After all I don't want to disappoint both my readers.

At the beginning of week 1, I weighed in at 233 pounds. Wow, that hurts me to say that!

My wife is doing WW, which she has done incredibly well with, and I think their first goal is to lose 20%. So, 20% of my total weight is 46 pounds. That would put me at 187, and that really is about where I want to be. Since that is going to put me close to my final weight I may have to rethink that goal. It seems like I need a few in between. Of course, I may get to 187 and still need to lose, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I also need to think of a time frame. I don't know what is realistic, and what is selling myself a little short. I'll talk to the queen of weight loss and come back with some concrete goals.

No comments: