Monday, January 14, 2008

Weight, Birthday, Travel Buddy

Well, the weight thing hasn't gotten off to a fast start. I was in Lubbock all weekend so I didn't have time to weigh on Sunday morning. At best there was probably no change. I had too much birthday cake and Taco Villa to have lost any weight.



Speaking of Taco Villa, we had that for my birthday lunch. It was nice, my sister-in-law bought me a cake and everything. I was actually flying to Atlanta on birthday. I guess Atlanta's present to me was to get me through baggage claim as fast as possible. My bag was the fourth on turnstile.



I am going to break into a sports analogy now. I think I have always looked at life like a home run hitter. Always looking to smash the ball over the fence no matter what kind of pitch it was or where it was located. I am only happy with the home run, I'm not interested in singles or doubles. The problem with that logic is that I am closer to a Jason Tyner (1 career home run) than Barry Bonds (pre or post steroids). I am trying to take some enjoyment from the smaller things in life. I don't need the lottery, my freaking suitcase was one of the first ones off the plane. That may not be a smash over center field. It is more like I went with the curve ball on the outside part of the plate. Sure I grounded out to second, but I moved the runner from second to third putting him a position to score on a sacrifice fly. Its the kind of thing that doesn't show up in the box score. Enjoy the smaller things in life.



There is a new #1 travel partner. Knocking off Rowdy Roddy Piper is the great Dan Reeves. Coach Reeves is one of my all-time favorite coaches.

Hopefully I will finally get those pictures up sometime this week.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I hear you on the small stuff...sometimes it is tough to enjoy the little things. Nothing wrong with taking two and going to right.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
Robert Collier

Glad to know you are a blogger.