Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Bowl

I heard the Super Bowl was played this past Sunday. I didn't see very much of it. I wasn't all that interested, not even the commercials. I can probably watch those on the internet anyway. Thanks to the hosts of our small groups, and thanks for letting us stay a little late to watch the game. You guys did a great job, even though you tried to poison us with tainted cups.

I spent the first three quarters or so making paper airplanes for the kids (I'm available for birthday parties). Jackson brought a book that has 73 different airplane patterns. These aren't your father's paper airplanes. Gone are the days of the simple triangle. Kids today want the space shuttle (I'm not kidding). You almost need a welding torch to complete some of them. It was well worth the time, the kids seemed to enjoy them. The babies loved them even more. If the planes were left on the floor those guys would pounce on them and crush them like king kong.

Even though I didn't see much of the game, I saw the most exciting part. I really had a good time, and I think the rest of the family did too. There were a few complaints about bedtime, but the kids were to exhausted to really put up much of a fight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron might want to make sure Jenn doesn't have a bottle of Arsenic stowed away for little squirts onto the dinner plate. These type of behavior is serialized...

Jenn said...

You know me!! I'm in so much trouble know that everyone knows my secret.....
I did love how the paper airplanes ate up all of our tape. Good thing that they were all so cool and that they actually flew.
The 4th quarter was all that really mattered anyway, right?