Friday, February 1, 2008

Texas Rangers, Driving

Today is another travel day, with a new twist. I am driving back and forth from Houston. I wanted to give air travel a break. That and I also think I shouldn't fly on any plane where my head can touch the ceiling. Anyways, I don't really mind the drive. The secret is sunflower seeds. I have found that I eat sunflower seeds I don't fall asleep. I guess I concentrate really hard on it. All I know I was about to pass out on the way down here early Monday morning, and sunflower seeds saved my life.



Baseball season is right around the corner. I know what you're thinking, who cares!!!!! I used to be a baseball fanatic, but I have sort of lost interest. I played fantasy baseball with my buddies for almost 15 years until this year. I decided to give it up. I am interested in the Texas Rangers, its always fun to pull for the underdog (I also love Texas Tech, Raider Power!!) Michael Young is my favorite Ranger, but there are two others that I think are exceptional people. I am proud to have them on my home team. I think these guys alone are reason enough to cheer for the Rangers. They are:



C. J. Wilson - (This is from the Newberg Report)
C.J. Wilson is hosting a Guitar Hero 3 Benefit Tournament this Friday, February 1, at the Landing Cafe at the Southwest Airlines Corporate Headquarters, 2702 Love Field Drive. The event will benefit Cook Children's Hematology and Oncology Outpatient Treatment Room, where Wilson has undertaken an effort to build a new video game lounge and entertainment room stocked with gaming systems, TV's, and DVD's for young patients and their families to enjoy. This guy has no reason (that I know of) to do anything like this, but this is at least the second time he has held a benefit like this. That is too cool.



Josh Hamilton - I really know very little about this guy, but he has gone through considerable hardships (that he brought on himself). You can read his story here: http://tinyurl.com/2l7lck

I am really pulling for this guy. I hope he makes it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joy of I45. Say hi to my buddies in orange when you pass through Huntsville.

Anonymous said...

BRING BACK THE LLAMA!!!!

Jill said...

Ewww... I would rather fly than drive! Riding in a car is one of my top 3 things I hate to do.

Jenn said...

Yuck...I really don't like that drive to Houston...I hope you are almost home now!!

Brandon said...

Sunflower seeds are greatness...I used to go through bags of them when I traveled. I would eat them until the inside of my mouth was almost raw from all of the salt (Sorry if that is gross).

Hot Rod said...

You know how to drive????