Thursday, March 13, 2008

Josh Hamilton Again

I had a post not long ago about my favorite Rangers. I mentioned Josh Hamilton as a person that I am rooting for the most. If you didn't read his story, he was perhaps one of the best baseball players to come out of high school ever. He had everything going for him. At one point in his life he turned to drugs and almost lost everything. With the help of family and friends he has turned to the Lord and that has changed his life. Again, you really need to read this story to appreciate everything that he has been through. http://tinyurl.com/2l7lck

(From today's Star-Telegram feature penned by Jeff Wilson: "You'll probably see me with [Josh Hamilton] all the time because I'm drawn to him," Bradley said Wednesday. "Once I got to talking to him, and found out about his life and things he has to deal with every day, I kind of understand where he's coming from." Bradley said Hamilton has inspired him to return to studying the Bible and attending services.)

Milton Bradley is another person that has been blessed with exceptional baseball talent. His problems have been mostly mental. I believe he even got into a fight with a fan in the stands. You can see the kind of impact that Josh is having on people like this. Makes you feel good. I'm thinking about inviting both of them to our Life Group.

2 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Is he named after the board game company?

Skelty said...

Yes, he is named after the board game. His family is a big fan of Monopoly!